Collection of your personal information
Tamworth Antiques and Collectables collects personal information to provide you with the products and services you request as well as information on other products and services offered by or through us. Any information you provide Tamworth Antiques and Collectables, either using the internet or by any other means, is only collected for purposes which are reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of Tamworth Antiques and Collectables business functions or activities. These purposes include:
- to provide customers with the products and services they request and to monitor, evaluate and provide products and services;
- to assist customers with queries, resolve customer complaints, or requests for access to information, or to manage any legal action involving Tamworth Antiques and Collectables;
- to manage customer relationships or accounts and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training, collecting debts and market or customer satisfaction research);
- to provide information on products and services offered by Tamworth Antiques and Collectables, affiliated product and service providers, and external product and service providers for whom we act as agent (unless the customer has opted out);
- to identify customers or to establish their tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority;
- to gather and aggregate information for statistical, prudential, actuarial and research purposes; and
- to develop and implement measures to detect or prevent fraud and credit loss.
What we collect
Personal information collected by Tamworth Antiques and Collectables (or on our behalf) generally comprises name, address, date of birth, gender, marital status, occupation, account details, contact details (including telephone, facsimile and e-mail) and financial information. Sometimes we collect a few personal details unlikely to be known to other people to help us identify you over the telephone.
Tamworth Antiques and Collectables will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Tamworth Antiques and Collectables or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Tamworth Antiques and Collectables; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Tamworth Antiques and Collectables, or the public.
Our site is hosted by Squarespace. Your data is stored through Squarespace’s data storage, databases and the general Squarespace application. They store your data on secure databases protected via a variety of industry-standard access controls.
Squarespace uses analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our site. These tools collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving our site. We may collect and use this analytics information together with your personal information and stitch together session data from user visits to build a broader profile of our individual users so that we can serve you better.
Squarespace may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise Tamworth Antiques and Collectables pages, or register with the Tamworth Antiques and Collectables website or services, a cookie helps Tamworth Antiques and Collectables to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Tamworth Antiques and Collectables website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Tamworth Antiques and Collectables features that you customised. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual and aggregated basis.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Tamworth Antiques and Collectables services or websites you visit.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to non-Tamworth Antiques and Collectables websites. While such links are provided for your convenience, you should be aware that the information handling practices of the linked websites might not be the same as ours and we encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies on these websites prior to providing any information to them.
Changes to this Statement
Tamworth Antiques and Collectables reserves the right to modify this Statement of Privacy at any time to reflect company and customer feedback. Tamworth Antiques and Collectables encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Tamworth Antiques and Collectables is protecting your information.